VersaProbe VP-50 Series Universal Touchpad Reader and Software
The Universal Probe for Reliable Meter Reading
The patented Alexander’s AMRS VersaProbe® unit operates as a standalone meter-reading device for touch-read meters and registers, or as a touch-read add-on many meter-reading devices. A Bluetooth® interface enables a wireless connection between the VersaProbe unit and the meter- reading device, if used.
The universal VersaProbe unit has the capability to read multiple brands of touch-read meters and registers, enabling cities and utilities to purchase meters under open, competitive bidding without concern for reader compatibility. The VersaProbe is upgradeable to support new touch-read products as they become available.
Advantages Over Manual Reading
The VersaProbe touch reader allows cities and utilities to read meters efficiently by automating the process of data collection thereby eliminating read and transaction errors. VersaProbe enables cost-effective touch reading by saving time and reducing meter- reading expenses.
- Transfers meter data directly to a handheld or collects readings for transfer to a PC using Alexander’s AMRS personal computer direct interface (PCCDI) software
- Automatically determines which meter protocol to read
- Transfers all data, including multipliers, tamper status, and battery status, as applicable, from the meter encoder
- Uses Bluetooth for wireless connectivity
- Serves as a visual reader for meter installation and inspection
- Holds up to harsh, meter- reading environments through weather-resistant and rugged case design
Meter programming support for installation and configuration is
available for applicable meters.
Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
- VP-51 – Standard probe
- VP-54 – Probe with 23" pit probe extension
- VP-54T – Probe with 22-42" telescoping pit extension
- VP-55 – Probe with telescoping pit-probe extension and adjustable-angle read head
- Weight: 28 oz.
- Dimensions: 9” x 4” x 2.5” (VP51)
- 2 lines by 16 characters LCD
- Recharging time indicators
- Rechargeable batteries
- EE memory for data integrity
- stores 1200 reads
- – Average of 5000 reads per charge
Typical charge time of 6 to 8 hours
3-year average battery life
- All reads are time stamped
| AMCO/ABB Water Meters
InVision® and AquaMaster®
with encoder output
|Master Meter DIALOG® and Acculinx|
|Badger Meters||European MBUS|
|CICASA ScanPro®||Metre Pro ProLink®|
ScanCounter®, and SE-Series
Metron-Farnier with Metron,
ProLink® or Hexagram Encoder
|Equimeter (gas) with TouchRead
Fusion (Talisman Star®)
|Fusion SE, SM, FM series with
either Talisman or Star pads
Precision Meters with
Hexagram or TouchRead®
ARB-VI® ProRead® and ProRead
|Hersey Touchless® and
|Sensus HRI MiniBus|
|Hexagram ScanPack® and
Severn Trent SmartMeter®
(Fusion Meters SE7000E®
TouchRead® and MultiRead®
(including ECR-3® and ICE®)
|Invensys SRII/aS, iPerl||Zenner ZPM|
|Landis & Gyr (electric) with
This software for PC's allows you to direct download the meter reading data from the VersaProbe without the use of a handheld computer attached. There is an initial license for the first device and incremental license for additional devices added on.
We Also Recommend